Friday, August 27, 2010

Entry #4-- Just another day in....Paradise

Things are progressing in the area of moving our little piece of paradise...I am nowhere near, where I picture SUPER MOM/SUPERWOMAN/MARTHA STEWART would be in the process, but whatcha gonna' do? I am indebted to the SUPER WOMEN that have come to help me this week and can't tell thm enough how much their sharing of their time to help has helped me. THANK YOU LADIES!!

Onto something slightly different. My #2 son, who is smart, funny, kind, strong, creative, athletic and friendly, has decided the past 2 mornings that he didn't want to go to school. I was able to get him to go yesterday and this morning, when he said the same thing, I felt SURE of my ability to once again to "nudge" him into the right choice. BOY WAS I WRONG!! ( I didn't really dress, pretty much was still in the jammie/big tee and yoga pants, w/ flops. ) This amazing young man, started crying and wouldn't get out of the car...the other two had long ago exited said vehicle. Well, after a bit of hollering (which was warrented, not as loudly as I did it, but that's another topic) he got out of the car and went to school. I know that as a family, we are looking forward to the move, but perhaps it's more stressful on him than I know. Any Moms out there have similar experiences? I'm open for ideas.

When I have to turn up the volumn of the Mom Voice, it makes me sad! I feel that I have failed my children and myself and that other options should have been taken into consideration. 20/2o vision after the fact, wish I could see it before hand...I'm getting better at that, but still.......?? : (

Tomorrow is the big day. Paradise in a new location, with a different view of the Tender Mercies that are ours. Perhaps, when we are settled and we start the second week of school, # 2 son will be in better spirits and the Mom Voice can once again stay in soft and docile tones. Yeah, right! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment