Monday, August 23, 2010

Paradise and the first day of school

Today I have the house all to myself! I have been up since 6am. Got the kids up @ 6:30, they got dressed, ate, fed the dog/cat, brushed teeth, did their hair, took "first day of school pictures", read scriptures, had prayer, drove to school, took Taylor to his Kindergarden class...there was playdough so he was all good! Have scrubbed the floor around and under the fridge (yes, I moved the fridge), cleaned cabinet doors, scrubbed counters, cleaned under the dishwasher--the kick plate--, dealt w/ the A/C and the nice man that came to check it, have another hour before it's time to go and pick-up the munchkins and then it's off to the library to pick up books for D.E.A.R.s during the first 25 mins of school ( Drop Everything And Read ), then it's home to check HW, make dinner, baths, story, prayers, fold laundry, sort laundry, do some more laundry, make sure lunch is made for the Hunky Hubby and that I have something to wear that won't make my kids pretend that they don't know me when I take them to school again in the morning!
It's been a pretty productive 4 1/2 hours since returning home. I am looking forward to what this new adventure holds for my AMAZING little family! I think that it is gonna' take sometime to get used to the quiet though...
I feel like this is my first day too. I have many Tender Mercies all around me.
Today I am grateful that Kidlets #1, #2, and #3 are eager to learn and are excited for school. I am grateful for the power of prayer and the peace that it brings to me and to our home. I am grateful for the smiles that will be awaiting me @ 3pm today and for the DETAILS of their day. I am grateful that I have been able to scrub and get some cleaning done and grateful that I have a place to clean.

On a bit of a side note. I had an experience this weekend that was, well sad. I just want to make a few things known. I know God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that the atonement is REAL and that it works for each and everyone of us. I know that I am known! I know that I am loved by those far greater than myself. I know that I have a purpose as do each of us. I am grateful that during times of struggle, heartache, sorrow, loneliness, sadness I can turn to my God and my Savior for comfort and peace. There have been small moments when I have been overwhelmed by burdens, but then I remember, that I have been told that I can hand those burdens over to another. WHAT A BLESSING that is. I want each of you to know that you are loved and known. That each of you have brought something to my life that has helped me to become the woman I need to be in order to fulfill my purpose here on this Earth. We are NOT alone. We are CHILDREN of GOD! What a gift it is to know WHO we are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment