Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is Paradise Messy?

I don't know that anyone would mistake San Antonio, TX for paradise. Nevertheless, this is where I am. I have heard that paradise is where you make it, I am working out the details of getting the surf and sand here... lol





I am the Mom of 3 boys, ages 10, 7 and 5 ( soon to be 6 ). They are handsome, smart, funny, energetic, creative, athletic, curious, stubborn ( I like the word determined better ) and MESSY! My husband, is also handsome, smart, curious, quirky and MESSY. I am also the human Mom of a Springer Spaniel named Mister and a cat named Buddy...I am surrounded by males and MESSES!!!





By nature, I am a fairly neat person, but I have been out "manned" for years and have given into the fact that MESSES happen. I get that life is messy and I need to roll w/ that. Today is the day I have decided to STOP rolling!!!





I can no longer tolerate the MESS. The boys were given their job assignments when waking up this morning, they were told that if they finished, they'd get compter time, we'd go to the library and they could go swimming. Did they do their chores? Depends on who it is you ask. The Hunky Hubby said they'd done good, but I couldn't even make it down the hallway. I mean, clothes are EVERYWHERE but the closet and drawers. How hard is it to hang up a towel when getting out of the shower? When you make a sandwhich, put things away and if you make trash, throw it away!!! Seriously, is it just a boy thing?





I don't think that paradise should give me a headache, or that I should have to become a mean, yelling Mom. Isn't paradise peaceful, calming and beautiful? I'd be happy w/ a paradise that was semi-organized and quiet for a few minutes at a time...see, I'm willing to look into options. : )





I read a great blog that talked about things and moments that will be missed as the kidlets grow, but I am confident, that I will most assuredly NOT miss the MESS!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You have a blog :) I'm with you! I don't think I'll miss the mess one bit, but I'm sure I will miss a lot of other things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congrats on your blog! And I hear you...I feel like I am a constant mess picker uper ;) Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a male thing. My husband, great guy that he is, always leaves his towel hanging somewhere besides the bathroom, he rarely puts his sandwich makings away when he is through. However, he does help out around the house a lot.

    ReplyDelete